Thursday, September 25, 2008

McCain vs. Letterman


McCain vs. Letterman

In yet another example of warped priorities, an entertainer is feeling snubbed by a political figure.

John McCain cancelled his appearance on funny-man Letterman's show, citing his need to return to Washington, D.C. to deal with the pending legislation.

Letterman was not happy. He then proceeded to mock McCain, Palin, and even brought out a reknown liberal critic (Keith Olbermann) to join in the mockery.

Dave, let me tell you something:

You are an entertainer. It's just TV...not real life. I'm sorry you got your panties in a wad, but when our government is about to add $1 Trillion to our tax bill by bailing out bad loans, I'd like to have our politicians, even McCain, focusing on how to implement it (if at all), rather than just rubber-stamping whatever President Bush proposes. So get over yourself.

I know you make the big bucks because your sense of humor is great. But I'm thinking that poking fun of someone for laughs is pretty darn easy compared to helping run the country or make decisions of major economic impact. In fact, I've been mocking people for laughs since I was in elementary school.

So Mr. Letterman...lighten up a bit. Don't take yourself so seriously. My final advice? Have some cheese with your whine.


No comments: